Total Wi-Fi Coverage Can Be Yours
Looking to speed up your in-home Wi-Fi? We have a solution for you: Rock Island’s Managed Mesh Wi-Fi system, powered by AirTies.
- Quality Wi-Fi Throughout Your Home: Total Wi-Fi coverage and optimized client performance maximize speed and your overall wireless experience.
- Managed Mesh: Wifi can be mysterious. With AirTies, our support team can easily diagnose problems with your wifi network. Just give us a call!
- Easily Scalable: Add additional access points to increase coverage where needed whenever you want. Additional nodes connect easily with the AirSonics SelFi app.
- Stay Connected: Intelligent client and band steering features ensure seamless handover while moving around your home with your laptop or mobile devices.
Wi-Fi has become a critical part of your home network that you rely on each and every day. Your laptops, smart phones, tablets, web cam, smart tv’s, gaming devices, and even your thermostat(s), all connect to your Internet connection via Wi-Fi.
Often we don’t think about the increasing number of devices that we are connecting to our Wi-Fi. Historically, we relied on wired connections to do the heavy lifting, but, in today’s wireless environment, we need a reliable, secure Wi-Fi network to provide coverage throughout your home.
Smartphones, tablets and other Wi-Fi client devices tend to make poor decisions when it comes to which access point to connect to – especially when on the move. These devices tend to stick with one access point (usually the first one it connects to) as long as it can still be seen, regardless of whether other access points or frequency bands might present better options. These “sticky clients” can decrease the entire network performance.
Not a network extender, a mesh network.
The best way to enjoy your Rock Island Internet over Wi-Fi is by setting up a mesh network. Unlike traditional Wi-Fi, which relies on a single access point (AP) to provide coverage, our AirTies Wi-Fi utilizes multiple access points placed at strategic locations around your home to create an smart Mesh network that ensures consistent performance of high quality, whole-home Wi-Fi coverage.
The intelligent AirTies dual-band mesh consistently analyzes the location, status, and performance of each of Wi-Fi client, then actively hands off the client to a better positioned Access Point ensuring maximum performance.
If a dual-band capable device, like an iPhone or iPad, is settling for a connection on the slower 2.4GHz band, the AirTies system automatically steers this device to the 5GHz band not only improving the throughput performance of that particular device but also alleviating congestion on the 2.4GHz band.
There are several versions on the market now and we have tested a lot of them. We found that the AirTies product is the best of the best. Rock Island will install multiple AirTies wireless access points to maximize coverage in your home.
Hardware Tech Specs
The AirTies mesh units are all 802.11ac access points. They have 3×3 dual-band 2.4/5 gigahertz radios. The units use the 5GHz radios to form a point-to-point self-healing mesh. Each unit has 2 Ethernet ports that can be used for wired devices to utilize the wireless backhaul.
For one monthly low price, we will manage your AirTies home Wi-Fi system. For just $5/month per node, you get:
- A Mesh Wi-Fi access point network
- Free remote management by Rock Island
- Extend up to 5 per resident (about 5,000 sf of coverage)
You can add additional AirTies access points for $5/mo to build the solution that you need. No contracts, no taxes, no problem.